Green Mantle exists to 'promote the sustainable creation, restoration and management of habitats for wildlife'. We aim to provide meaningful employment which gives staff the practical experience required to advance their careers.
Green Mantle recognises that care and concern for the wider environment is an essential and fundamental part of its nature conservation work. Consequently, it is our aim to minimise the impact of the organisation's day-to-day operations upon the wider environment. To fulfil this aim we have established an Environmental Policy which applies to all significant environmental effects of our activities, including direct and indirect impacts on land, air, water, flora, fauna and people. To achieve our environmental policy we will strive to:
- Set environmental goals and targets against which we will monitor performance and strive to minimise any potentially adverse environmental effects
- Source environmentally-responsible materials, where possible from a local source
- Minimise use of resources and pursue ever-more environmentally benign processes
- Minimise risk of environmental pollution
- Optimise use of herbicides by adopting best-practice procedures and, where possible, using organic alternatives
- Minimise harmful emissions into the atmosphere and promote energy efficiency, where possible, utilising renewable alternatives
- Minimise waste by the ethos of 'reduce, re-use & recycle'
- Develop environmental awareness of all staff
- Commission an annual review of the Environmental Policy in pursuit of continual improvement
- Communicate the organisation's Environmental Policy to customers, suppliers, staff and the public, seeking consultation wherever possible