Employment Opportunities in South West England in Nature Conservation Contracting
Green Mantle employs staff who have both experience of voluntary conservation work as well as a more formal education in conservation/ecology. Seasonal Nature Conservation Estate Workers undertake habitat management supervised by a dedicated Team Leader. Equal emphasis is placed on employee quality of life and maintaining consistently high standards of workmanship.
Sample Job Description
We advertise through both the Countryside Jobs Service and Jobcentre Plus every June, for August appointments running until the end of March, possibly longer. You can telephone the CJS on 01947 896007, or visit the Countryside Jobs Service website. Below is a typical job description:
JOB: Nature Conservation Estate Workers
LOCATION: Mendip Hills & Somerset Levels
EMPLOYER: Green Mantle (Ecosophy) Limited
Exciting opportunity to gain invaluable experience of countryside management and discover extensive networking possibilities. Full-time staff required to join small dynamic team undertaking hedge-laying, felling, fencing, coppicing, tree planting, footpath maintenance and scrub clearance, mainly on SSSIs.
- N.P.T.C. Chainsaw certificate Unit 31
- Work Experience & a high degree of practical aptitude
- Qualified in nature conservation/ecology
- Physically fit and willing to work outdoors in all weather
- Will need own transport and must be prepared to transport tools and staff if required
- Must be prepared to live locally
- Must have a mobile phone which is available for use during the working day in order to keep in contact
- N.P.T.C. Herbicide Certificate Units PA1 & PA6A
- Experience of Extended Phase 1 Habitat and protected species surveys
- First Aid at Work Certificate
- Deep Ecological approach
All of our Human Resources Management and Health and Safety Management is outsourced to a private company to ensure that we always comply with the latest legislation (we are registered with the HSE).